Monday, March 21, 2011

Les miserables

I forgot to mention that we watched this on PBS last night with the Jedis. So much fun to share this with them! They understood the story as I explained it to them. I love the gospel parallels and spiritual lessons that stand so clearly against a backdrop of revolution and enlightenment without God. The only downside? A Jonas brother played Marius, weakly. The guy playing Enjolras made up for it mostly. I liked that Lea Salonga played Fantine in this production after brilliantly playing Eponine years ago, and notably for the 10th anniversary cast. The kids saw maybe the middle third, and I'll have to pull out an old VHS to get them through an abridged production. I'm so glad they are so interested in such enduring characters, and that the characters aren't from Star Wars!

No comments:

Post a Comment