Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Conflict averted

I-M still had a low-grade fever last night, so he's having another home day. A-man only complained once about his ear yesterday, and he tried to stay home again today, but I gave him ibuprofen and dropped him off with no qualms. He was sad to go to school without his beloved brother. I was glad that I took the time to listen to him in the middle of the morning chaos instead of yelling at him to quit whining and get in the car. He and I have gone many rounds in the past, and it makes all the difference if we calm down and hear each other out. I firmly believe that this prevents many of our battles and diminishes the intensity of the ones that do erupt. I'm so thankful to have communication with my little brown-eyed love!

No comments:

Post a Comment